Regular maintenance of your car wash will keep customers coming back and ensure many years of safe and reliable operation. Check out our list to help keep you in check and keep your car wash system in top shape.
- Pressure wash the bays
- Check water pressure and flow
- Run the cycle to ensure everything is operating
- Ensure brushes, vacuums and dry systems are free of debris
- Check and empty receptacles
- Vacuum dust bins
- Wash out bay sediment traps
- Drain any water from the air compressor
- Check product vending levels and ensure the oil pump is full and free of water
- Check the nozzles, hoses and lines for wear or damage
- Locate and change burnt out lights and change filters as needed
- Check belts and gears for possible replacement
Every six months
- Change out the carbon filter if you have an osmosis filter
- Replace the oil in the air compressor and oil pump and check moving components for wear and replacement
- Pressure wash the building and parking lot
- Lubricate locks and freshen up painted surfaces, including the driveway and the exterior of the building to create a warm welcome
As with any piece of equipment, repair or replace items as needed. It’s better to replace suspect parts sooner than later, as one bad part can quickly affect another.
Your equipment is one of your largest assets. Care and maintenance can ensure that your system lives several lives and resists wear and tear.