READY TO BUY A CAR WASH?
With more cars on the road and the fact that more states and municipalities are enforcing regulations that prohibit car washing in areas like driveways and parking lots to prevent waterway pollution, buying a car wash now could be a very profitable endeavor. Total annual car wash sales are estimated to exceed $24 billion! As trends continue to move toward professional car wash equipment, you should prepare to be busy for many years to come.
Cars and Trucks on US Roads (2014)
Number of Cars Washed Per Day in the US
Average Profit per Vehicle for an In-Bay Automatic Car Wash
Percentage of Car Washes that Occur on the Weekends
FREE SITE EVALUATION
* Required Fields.
Starting a Car Wash Business?
Our one-day workshop will teach you everything you need to know about the industry and how to get started.
Click here for more information and to enroll!
You will need:
- A high traffic area
- A retail area, ideally, but somewhere with space to build will do!
Follow all local and national laws and regulations. You will need at least:
- Business license
- Building license
- Conditional Use Permit (CPU)
- Construction permits
- Architect/Engineer for CPU and construction permits
You have several options:
- Open you own business as an independent entrepreneur
- Run your own business as a partnership
- Open a franchise
How much personnel you hire depends on the size of your business and type of services you plan to offer. The more automated your services, the less staff you need to hire.
- Get quotes from different builders
- Examine all contracts you receive and take note of subcontractors, ETAs and equipment to be used.
To get financing you will need:
- A detailed business plan
- An explanation of how you will earn the invested money many times over
- An explanation of how you will spend the investment you receive to profit the business
Different types of car washes have different equipment needs.
- Lower set up costs
- Higher long-term operation cost
AUTOMATIC CAR WASHING MACHINES
- Serious upfront investment
- Easier to operate
- Finish each wash more quickly
- Require fewer staff to manage
- Lower wait times for customers
When you’re done building your car wash, you need people to use it! Market your business. Try:
- Signage in nearby, high-traffic areas.
- Online and print ads
- Social Media campaigns
- Digital Marketing
Why Choose Ryko When Opening a Carwash?
Ryko has the experience, knowledge and support you need to get started—and to run your profitable car wash into the future.
We understand that speed to market is critical, whether you’re buying or upgrade existing equipment or constructing your car wash from the ground up our experts are ready to help you open your doors on time and on budget. With more than 40 years of car wash-industry experience, Ryko can advise you on every aspect of building and growing your business. Our comprehensive, tailored process includes site configuration and planning, permitting, financing assistance, car wash system selection and construction management, all the way up to operational help.
Once your car wash is up and running, look no further for your all-in-one service and support solution with Ryko. We offer a national network of factory-trained service technicians and the maintenance packages, car wash support and chemicals delivery services that will keep your car wash profitable.